Tocumen Airport, Panama
Internationally renowned architects Foster & Partners were commissioned to design and oversee construction of the massive expansion of Panama City’s international Airport, Tocumen. The airport was inaugurated in 1947, but vastly increasing traffic meant that two new terminals, with 60 gates, were required in a project predicted to last from 2006 to 2017.
Foster & Partners contracted the cathodic protection design for storage tanks to CPCL in 2014 as part of the huge investment into the expanding airport.
After being idle for 15years, a small oil refinery was reopened in Samawah, Iraq, in 2005 by the State Company for Oil Projects (SCOP). Capacity was doubled within a year to 20,000 barrels a day and reached 30,000 by 2007.
Following considerable investment by SCOP, CPCL was contracted to design and supply the cathodic protection systems for 19 oil and product storage tanks, for both internal and external protection.